Need to replace a missing tooth?
Dental implants may be the solution you’ve been searching for.
This restorative dental service replicates your natural tooth so you can get back to your daily routine.
But you might be wondering, “Are dental implants painful?”
In our quick blog, we’ll discuss:
- What dental implants are
- If dental implants are painful
- How long they last
- And more!
Let’s get started.
What are dental implants?
Your dental implant is made up of three parts:
- b>Implant post
First, the implant post is fused with your jaw to attach your replacement tooth securely. It’ll act as your tooth root to support your replacement tooth.
The abutment works as an attachment point to connect a custom-made restoration to your implant post. Your restoration may include a bridge or denture, depending on your smile needs.
This will feel and look like your natural tooth!
Are dental implants painful?
Many patients report that dental implants don’t hurt!
Your dentist should address any concerns you have and ensure you’re completely comfortable before beginning your procedure.
Modern technology, a local anesthetic, and advanced training will minimize discomfort and stress during your implant procedure.
When to replace dental implant?
Your implant post can last a lifetime with proper oral care.
Your dental implant will need to be replaced if it’s:
On the other hand, your dental crown needs to be replaced every 10+ years on average.
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
There are a couple of factors that determine if dental implants are the best option for you.
- Age: Implants are typically recommended for individuals whose facial growth and development are finished. It’s approximately 16 years old for females and 18 years old for males.
- Health: Being in good health will increase the success of a dental implant procedure. Heavy smoking, chronic diseases, or radiation therapy around your neck and head will require further examination.
- Jawbone amount: You’ll need a certain amount of supporting jawbone around the area for your dental implant to fuse properly. If you don’t have the necessary amount, you may need a bone augmentation.
Schedule a consultation with your dental provider to find out if you’re a candidate for implants.
Need a dental implant in Virginia?
We use minimally invasive dental implants. You’ll get back to smiling faster while spending less time at the dental office.
We also offer comprehensive care under one roof.
You won’t need to worry about going to multiple specialists. Dr. Kenneth Eye has the training and expertise to place AND restore your implant in one office.
Dr. Kenneth Eye II, who’s a part of this dynamic father-son team, has advanced skills and utilizes modern technology to ensure a stress-free visit.
Replace your missing tooth now and get your smile back!
- Call us at Harrisonburg 540-434-5500
- Call us at Woodstock 540-459-4341
- Email us directly firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office is located in Harrisonburg, VA, and Woodstock, VA. We happily welcome patients from the neighboring communities, including Elkton, Woodstock, Bridgewater, Massanetta Springs, Keezletown, Pleasant Valley, Dayton, Zirkle, Massanutten, McGaheysville, New Market, Luray, Mount Jackson, Edinburg, and Weyers Cave, VA.